Knowledge is power!
As Junior Market Analyst, you will be an essential part of our Market Intelligence Unit. Reporting to the Market Intelligence Director, you will support in researching and developing essential sectorial and market data, as well as informative market intelligence deliverables such as reports, webinars, and workshops.
You will help us have a better vision and understanding of the current district heating and cooling market, technologies, and decarbonisation pathways. In doing so, you will help companies and policy-makers making the right decisions to support the heat transition!
The focus of your work
- General support in activities related to gathering sectorial data, creating and nurturing our database, and contributing to the creation of necessary indicators and charts in our yearly market outlook;
- Proactively engage with external stakeholders and experts for data collection;
- Support the yearly delivery of our flagship report the DHC Market outlook, which brings together essential data on the state of the sector in European countries and beyond;
- Monitor the production of quantitative and qualitative research on the district heating and cooling sector;
- Support the delivery of high-quality market intelligence deliverables such as reports, webinars, or workshops;
- Preparation of presentations and briefing notes for internal (team) and external meetings (industry, policy-makers);
- Contribute to our weekly team meetings with ideas and insights;
- Undertake any other tasks as required by the Market Intelligence Director.
- You hold a degree in a relevant discipline such as Energy Economics, Sustainable Heating and cooling, Urban planning, Statistics, or similar;
- Demonstrated knowledge of district heating and cooling technologies and heating and cooling markets;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills as well as a solution-oriented mindset;
- Attention to detail coupled with good time management skills;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Ability to work with data in a variety of formats;
- Proactive approach to engage with external stakeholders and experts for data collection;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluency in English and in at least one other EU language.
- You need to be eligible for working in Belgium (EU citizen).
- You have finished your studies.
- You are able to start no later than 8 April 2024.
- A wonderful working environment in a fast-growing EU association, with a friendly and international team.
- The opportunity to learn and grow, taking part in exciting projects and supporting the decarbonisation of the EU heating and cooling industry.
- Paid traineeship under "Convention d'immersion professionelle" for a duration of 6 months, with the possibility of extension (according to Belgian Law up to 12 months).
- Salary package: 997,09 € per month, meal voucher (8€ per working day with a 1.09€ employee’s contribution), transportation allowance, GSM, internet, IT Equipment.
How to apply?
To apply for the position, please send your motivation letter (maximum one page) and curriculum vitae to [email protected] with the subject "Junior Market Analyst Internship – your name". Your letter should outline your suitability and motivation for the position.
The deadline for receiving applications is 29 February 2024.